CPD Course: Conveyancing Quality Standard
How to survive a CQS audit?!
Did you know that the Law Society has now started a programme of assessing and auditing CQS firms? This is to ensure that firms are complying with the rigours of membership. Desk based assessments are being performed on a number of member practices each month.
25% of member practices in the second year of their membership will have had desk based assessments by the end of February 2013. If there are any issues or areas of concern the desk based assessments may be followed up by a visit from one of the CQS trained assessors. These can be announced or unannounced visits. Is your firm ready for this?
Who this course is for?
This course is for SROs, partners and senior conveyancing staff of a solicitor’s practice who are either already members of the scheme or are applying to join.
What will the course cover?
• The purpose of the CQS assessments
• What the Law Society may ask from you.
• What happens once you have supplied this information?
• What firms will be selected for an assessment visit?
• What is the purpose of the assessment visit?
• How can I prepare for this?
• What are the common pitfalls that you should avoid?
• What are the possible outcomes?
• How to ensure that your procedures are part of the way you think and work?
• What further support do you need?
Why is it Essential?
Failure to ensure that you are complying with the requirements of the Scheme could result in suspension or revocation of membership.
Want to know more...
Download the course brochure and booking form.
Catherine Poulter, Cath is an independent consultant and currently consults and assesses against a variety of standards including Lexcel, Investors in People, SQM, AQS and more recently the Conveyancing Quality Standard. In addition Cath is an associate consultant on the Law Society’s Risk and Compliance Service and also advises firms on issues concerning Client Care, Complaints Handling, Risk and Regulatory compliance including Outcomes Focused Regulation & support for COLP/ COFAs
Cath previously worked as a solicitor in private practice as well as the Law Society and managed the Bristol office of the Solicitors Indemnity Fund for 14 years.