Cpm21 provide a bespoke complaint managing service for law firm clients.
Law firms may access the service on an individual complaint basis or alternatively fully outsource their complaint handling to cpm21.
Our aim is to reduce the stress that is often involved in managing complaints.
Our consultants work across many areas of legal practice such as private client, personal injury, residential conveyancing, and litigation.
How cpm21 can help
- Review or draft your complaints policy so that it complies with best practice and all SRA and Law Society requirements.
- Draft internal complaints procedures so that all staff fully understand what needs to be done when a complaint is received.
- Train your lawyers in how to manage complaints particularly understanding the difference between a client grumble and a complaint and how to manage both.
- Investigating client complaints including:
- An independent review of the client complaint by considering the file and discussing with the lawyer and supervisor.
- Preparing a written response to the client.
- Drafting a response to correspondence from the Legal Ombudsman’s office.
- All of the above via the firm’s complaints handler.
- A formal Review of complaints on a periodic basis to suit the needs of the firm, preparing a report highlighting trends in complaints and identifying training needs for your lawyers.