The Law Society’s Wills and Inheritance Scheme (WIQS) is available for Private Client Firms or those with a Wills Trusts and Probate Department who wish to quality badge their services.
The WIQS accreditation is a best practice quality mark for wills and estate administration advice.
As a member of the WIQS Scheme, firms will have developed, implemented, and updated relevant plans, controls, policies, procedures, and precedents for its Private Client Department.
Firms can demonstrate that they:
- Have the expertise to deliver wills and inheritance advice;
- Use standardised processes to recognise and reduce risks;
- Educate clients about what to expect when buying wills and inheritance advice; and
- Benefit from the Law Society’s training and marketing programmes.
The Scheme can help firms to win more business and increase client satisfaction by making them stand out against generalists or providers with infrequent experience.
The WIQS Core Practice Management Standard is divided into 5 sections:
- Risk Management;
- Financial Management;
- Information Management;
- Client Care: and
- Case & File Management.
Contact cpm21 now:
- Cpm21 can help firms comply with all the WIQS requirements and can help you put in place the necessary procedures;
- In an extremely busy Private Client Department, we can release your fee earners to do what they do best … deliver quality wills and inheritance advice and earn fees for the firm;
- We can start by preparing a WIQS “gap analysis” report for you;
- We can help you prepare the application for WIQS accreditation/reaccreditation and support you during the application process;
- We can help train your Private Client Department; and
- We have template forms and precedents to help you.