It is essential to be aware of the risks posed by money laundering, as failure to comply may lead to criminal proceedings, civil action or disciplinary sanctions.
• Do you have effective systems and controls in place to minimise the possibility of criminal activity?
• Do you and your staff have the skills and knowledge to ensure you are safeguarded against possible money laundering activity?
• Have you evaluated the risks posed by property-related fraud and money laundering?
• Are you up to date and compliant with the latest UK money laundering regulations to ensure you avoid prosecution and even prison?
Our course is designed to ensure you can answer yes to all the above questions.
Course Designed for:
Solicitors, Legal Executives, Residential and Commercial Conveyancers
Course Duration: 3 CPC Credits Equivalent to 3 hours of CPD
• Understand money laundering and the UK regulations
• Identify and evaluate high risk clients and transactions
• Recognise the legal framework and staff obligations
• Review, develop and implement systems and controls
Course Tutor: Anti Money Laundering Expert
Jerry Walters - With over twenty years of experience in financial crime working within law enforcement in the City of London, and offshore in the Channel Islands, Jerry has successfully investigated and led the prosecution of serious and complex fraud and money laundering cases including investment, mortgage and charity fraud involving professional enablers such as bank employees, solicitors and accountants. In 2013 he was awarded the UK Police Federation National Detective Investigation of the Year award as a result of a protracted seven year investigation into the high profile bogus Italian Lawyer, Giovanni di STEFANO.
During his time in the financial crime arena, Jerry has formulated an insight as to how real estate is utilised as a means of laundering criminal proceeds and the risks faced by those working within that field. This experience has enabled him to deliver high quality practically based Anti-Money Laundering training, with emphasis on the legal obligations of those working within the regulated sector, including the legal profession.
He has an extensive knowledge of the primary legislation concerned with financial crime in the UK namely the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002 and the Fraud Act 2006, and has considerable experience of working alongside other agencies such as the Serious Fraud Office, Financial Conduct Authority and the Law Society.
In addition, he is a Member of the ‘International Compliance Association’ holding a Diploma in Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorist Financing.
Download Course Brochure.
To find out when the next CPM21 Money Laundering Course is scheduled, please visit our Course Schedule page.
For more information please contact us. e: firstname.lastname@example.org