Wills & Inheritance Quality Scheme
Come to our practical course and be ready for the opening of the scheme at the end of October 2013! - FREE precedents to take away!
With the new SRA "consumer focused" website Legal Choices about to be launched, potential and existing clients will no doubt be looking for quality badges before instructing a firm to prepare a will or administer an estate. To enable your firm to compete you must have the quality badges that other firms will have to stay in the game and to set you apart from non-solicitor Will writers.
The new Law Society's Wills and Inheritance Protocol aims to raise the standard of client care and standards by:
- Prescribing good practice in will drafting, probate and administration of estates
- Improving communications with all stakeholders
- including the client and beneficiaries
- Increasing transparency and understanding of the process involved in drafting a will and
- administering an estate
- Encouraging firms to agree specific timescales with clients e.g. for preparing a draft will
Who should attend? - Essential Course for:
- Designated "Senior Responsible Officers" in the Wills & Probate Department
- Will writers
- Trusts and Estates Practitioners
- Wills & Probate Executives
What will the course cover?
- The application and verification process - how to apply
- The new Law Society's Wills & Inheritance Protocol
- The Core Practice Management Standards
- The Client Service Charter
- Monitoring & Enforcement Provisions
Download the course PDF flyer.
Wayne Williams is a non-practising solicitor with experience of managing and running a Wills & Probate Department.
He is very familiar with the implementation of Quality Standards such as LEXCEL & CQS etc.
Hannah Menard is a practising solicitor. She has extensive experience of managing departments and files in line with quality standard requirements.
Hannah will provide practical examples of how to manage your files to comply with the new Protocol.