COLP ASSIST Terms & Conditions
1. The COLP ASSIST email support service ("the service") is provided by cpm21 a trading name of cpm21 Ltd. We provide management advice and consultancy support on compliance with SRA regulations, LEXCEL, SQM and LSC contracts. (see www.cpm21.co.uk for details)
2. We are authorised by the Law Society as LEXCEL consultants.
3. We are experienced LEXCEL, LSC, SQM, & Management consultants and trainers who provide a high quality and friendly service.
4. We do not provide legal or financial advice.
5. To use the service the Solicitor/COLP must register and accept the terms and conditions. We will then check the application and if appropriate approve your use of the service
6. This service will be provided free of charge until 30th March 2013.
7. The service can be emailed 24 hours per day and we will endeavour to respond within a maximum of 2 working days of receipt of your email.
8. If you have an urgent matter on which you are seeking support, then please highlight this in your email, by using the word URGENT in the subject line. We will then endeavour to respond to you on the same working day or next day.
9. In order for us to provide the service to all registered firms, then access to the service is based on a "fair and reasonable usage" policy and we reserve the right to withdraw the service in our absolute discretion.
10. We are happy to for more than one solicitor/senior manager in your firm to register but they must each register independently and provide an individual (firm based) email address. i.e. we will not accept registration where a personal email address is used such a Hotmail account. This will help us ensure that spammers and others do not use the service and cause delay.
11. We are happy to provide a without obligation quote for an on-site pre-audit health check for SRA, LEXCEL, SQM and LSC audits.
12. A 10% discount on our normal rates will be given to those firms where the COLP is registered with our COLP ASSIST service, until 31st Dec 2012.
13. Cpm21 (cpm21 Ltd) will send registered members of the service relevant updates on key developments, CPD courses, forms and precedents. There will be an option to "unsubscribe" from these updates in the email. We will ask you to provide some information on the registration form that will help us ensure that you only receive updates that are relevant to your practice.
14. Neither cpm21 Ltd, nor any of its advisers will be liable because of contract breach, negligence or otherwise for any loss or damage (including consequential) that occurs to any person or firm acting or omitting to act or refraining from acting based on the advice given by the COLP ASSIST service or otherwise by cmp21 or its advisers.
15. All advice provided by the service is intended for use by the registered Member to the service and the members, directors, partners, or senior managers of that practice and should not be forwarded to other COLPs or firms. Neither cpm21 Ltd nor its advisers will be liable to any third party firm or individual who relies on such advice.
16. We reserve the right to withdraw this free service at any time and to amend these terms and conditions.
17. It is for the firm to satisfy itself that it is compliant with all SRA and SAR regulatory requirements.
18. It remains the responsibility of the solicitors' firm to comply with deadlines and make the appropriate applications and submissions to the SRA and others e.g. the approval of the COLP and COFA, and to have in place suitable systems and controls to ensure compliance.
The GTi Suite, Ty Menter (Venture House) Navigation Park Abercynon CF45 4SN
Registered Company number 7988356 (England and Wales)